Financial Foundations Workshop
New franchisees know how important the money side of business is for running their franchise. But most have limited experience on the financial aspects of business.
We’ve found that new franchisees have many questions about the financial aspects and are keen to know how it all fits together.
They are keen to learn and want to know.
The Financial Foundation Workshop provides new franchisees with an introduction to the essentials of business finance.
- learning the foundations of financial language
- the essentials of compliance for new business owners
- helps them become interested in the numbers
The workshop helps new business owners become familiar with essential financial concepts. They can then build on this knowledge as they look at their figures each month.
Our financial foundations workshop will set franchisees up for a good future interacting with their figures as their business grows.
About the workshop
The workshop is delivered in two parts:
- Basics of business finance, reports and language used, key concepts and regulations.
- How to get the most out of your accounting software and become familiar with the essential components.
- Overview of Profit & Loss Statements and Balance Sheets
- Working with budgets - how to prepare and use
- Managing Cashflow
- GST essentials
- Payroll essentials
- Accounting procedures/good habits
- Q&A with an Accountant
We also include an overview of your preferred accounting software (Xero and QBO)
Ideal for: New franchisees within 3 months of starting.
Minimum number of participants: 4
Format: Interactive. We use practical examples and include time for questions.
Duration: 3 hours, plus breaks
Cost: $2,400 plus GST (plus travel and accommodation for 2 people).
Facilitated by: Kate Groom & Peter Knight
Our Financial Foundations Workshop will help franchisees feel confident about their figures and managing their business.